Pages

Monday, November 28, 2022

My Survivor 2022 Persuasive Writing

 This is a draft, I'm writing this in the context of where my parents do not give me permission to go to survival night 2022, this is my counter-argument.


Hey Mum & Dad, 


Remember how you always growl me for staying in my room? Well for the last two days of this week, the thought of that room wont even scratch the back of my head. Next week my class are going to the bush, A.K.A  survival night 2022, and I would really love to go. 

I know you would be against it, but hear me out first.


My first reason is that I will have a magical experience. Ill have lots of fun, going swimming, bombing, dancing and roasting marshmallows. I’ll be going bird spotting, doing funny puppet shows, and spending time with lots of other people/friends which is gonna  improve my social skills. It’ll also test my ability to work with others and make it improve , which would be helpful when working with others in school. There will be activites out of my comfort zone, forcing me to try out new things, boosting my confidence, revitalising my passion for the outdoors, and possibly convince me to join in on school events/ sign up for after school activities or training.

An I know, I know “How do we know your gonna be safe?” well, there will be constant supervision and all the adults there are first aid trained. Its all  reward an no risk, pretty neat huh?


Another reason I think I should go to survival night is that I will be learning lots of new skills. I’ll be learning how to make emergency shelters, start a fire, and cook which would be beneficial if I end up in those kinds of situation and possibly save my life. (plus you won’t have to cook for me anymore). It wil also be beneficial to me physically, cuz’ there’s  steep mountains and the environment is different from what Ive experienced being outside, which would make my body work exceptionally hard to keep going. It would also benefit me mentally, making me think about the things I should bring, “will this weigh me down?” “is this necessary?” “ its useful but heavy, should I bring this?” etc. I’ll also be learning how to treat huts(hut etiquette), and how to work with maps, learning how to navigate our way through places when  we get lost.


That is why I think I should go to survival night, it would help me physically, mentally, and overall give me a tremendous time. So please, please let me go! Don’t I deserve a little adventure in my life? Think about it, I’ll be out of your hair for 2 days, 2 days! Please don’t take away this opportunity from me.


Love,

Mesui.

No comments:

Post a Comment