Pages

Monday, September 12, 2022

Creature Mihi

This term we have been learning about the Carl Linnaeus Classification system and have been learning about all the different types of kingdoms, classes, phylums, and species.

here is a mihi I created about a creature, can you guess what it is?

Ko Wai Au?

By Mesui


No Africa ahau

I am found in the vast lands of Africa,

Ko Congo river toku awa

Specifically southern Senegal across the forested belt north of the Congo River to Western Uganda and Western Tanzania.

I am a part of the Chordata phylum which means I have a vertebrate and am related to other animals  with backbones,

Ko mammal ahau which means I'm related to any living organisms classified as Mammalia and present either, fur, hair, or three middle ear bones which distinguishes me from reptiles and birds.

I can Grow up to the size of 1.7 meters max and am warm blooded. 

Ko Hylobatidae raua ko Hominodea toku Whanau

I whakapapa also to  Simiformes, Haplorhini, and Primates which means I am related to other primates such as lemurs & monkeys.


What am I?


No comments:

Post a Comment